How to choose its own bespoke mat?
The mats are enjoying a growing success since they are true decorative elements and the entrance mats are associated with this phenomenon. The choice between the various models is more and more vast and it is a real pleasure to choose the object which is now associated with decoration.
What are the reasons to choose a bespoke mat?
The 1st step is of course to define the use of the mat and in what precise context it will be used. Do you want to install a mat outside? Inside? Or both? Think about the way it will match with your entrance, in dimensions, in form and colour. In this place of passage, it is necessary to take the exact dimensions (open and closed doors), in order to avoid disappointment. The advantage of the bespoke mat is its perfect matching with the configuration of your entrance. You can choose to fit it into an aluminium structure or just to put it on the floor. The technical qualities of our made-to-measure mats are up to their intensive use . The density of the mat, the resistance of their components, their quality finishing and their easy maintenance are key factors on your decision.
If you do not transform your entrance totally, you must take into account the existing style, decoration, furniture, and colours that are already here. Pay the same attention to the choice of mats as a wallpaper for example.
- Some colours match easily with the decoration:
The natural colours like brown (light brown to chocolate one), match easily with dark wood furniture, leather, red, pink and purple colours. Beige and cream shades create a lighting atmosphere with light or dark wood furniture and a decoration in warm tones. Neutral tones as grey, white or black add personality.
- Other tones are more complicated to associate:
Blue colour looks refreshing and relaxing, but careful with its cold aspect. he red colour, very decorative, has to be used by small touches. The yellow colour illuminates spaces and match with other colours: brown for ethnic atmosphere, green for a spring one. Orange, pink and purple colours are warm and bright but we can get tired quickly.
Make the right choice thanks to some tips
- To enlarge an entrance, choose a light doormat
- In a neutral context, a small colour touch on the floor energises the space
- To give the corridor its own look, roll out a bespoke mat like a path. If the doors are many, take a mat of identical colour to the reveals, the graphic effect is guaranteed.
- To demonstrate originality, take a very coloured mat or with a logo or a description. The made-to-measure mat, it is absolute freedom. You can play with forms, juxtapose mats from several colours.
- For an urban style or city one, black or grey colours match perfectly with concrete floors, energized by a yellow touch, big impact !